Back to Results
Facility Maintenance Technician
Facility Maintenance Technician
Denver Rescue Mission is seeking a full-time Maintenance Technician. Primary responsibilities include completing maintenance work orders, performing preventative maintenance and repairs and providing instruction and feedback to program participants and volunteers.
SKILLS AND REQUIREMENTS:
Christian, able and willing to model servant-leadership and interested in being part of a ministry that ministers to the addicted, poor, and homeless.
Able to safely and effectively operate a wide variety of hand, power and shop tools.
One (1) to three (3) years of previous general maintenance work.
Safety conscious with a strong knowledge of facility operation and general maintenance knowledge.
Sound knowledge of and experience working in building maintenance and repair, drywall, carpentry, electrical, plumbing, and heating and HVAC.
Works well with others, able to teach and train “on the job” while completing required duties of the job
Excellent manual dexterity, good eye-hand coordination
Able to stand, bend, lift, and reach regularly on a daily basis. Lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis.
Flexible and adaptable, may require working extra or odd hours.
Basic computer knowledge required.
Able to read, write and follow instructions. Able to perform accurate mathematical computations.
Must be honest, have integrity and a strong work ethic.
Able to safely operate a box truck.
Possess valid Colorado driver’s license and have a driving record acceptable to DRM insurance carrier.
Denver Rescue Mission is a faith-based charitable non-profit organization that has provided services to the homeless and low-income population and has been committed to “changing lives in the name of Christ by meeting people at their physical and spiritual points of need, with the goal of returning them to society as productive, self-sufficient citizens” for 125 years. We consider every position one of ministry and vital to the fulfillment of our mission. All employees are responsible to uphold the policies as set forth in the doctrine of the Constitution/By-laws of the Denver Rescue Mission and must sign, and abide by, the Denver Rescue Mission Statement of Faith.
Interested applicants should go to our website www.denverrescuemission.org and click on menu, careers, review the position and review our Statement of Faith and Ministry Mission Principle’s. Qualified applicants should send cover letter, resume to email@example.com (Please copy and paste the link)
• Healthcare coverage
• Health Savings Account (HSA) and Flexible Spending Account (FSA) options
• Lifetime membership with Alliant Credit Union
• Dental coverage options
• Employer paid term life insurance and long-term disability
• Optional accident, disability, and medical bridge coverage
• 401(k) retirement plan with Safe Harbor 100% employer match up to 5%*
Vacation, Holidays and Mission Trips
• 9 paid holidays per year including birthday off with pay
• Generous paid vacation and sick time
• Paid Mission trip benefit after 5 years of service
• 1 paid day off for spiritual refreshment
Family and Education
• Child adoption at $1,000 per child
• Tuition reimbursement benefit at $1,000 per year
• $25 gift card to every staff member on their annual anniversary date
• Celebrate hallmark anniversaries (5/10/15/20 years) with progressive rewards
Category: Facility Management
1/19/2018 2:20:01 PM