Back to Results
Guest Services Assistant - Women's Shelter
Position Title: Guest Services Assistant - Women’s Shelter
Ministry Department: Guest Services
Reports To: Guest Services Assistant Manager
FSLA Status: Non-Exempt, Hourly
Status: Part Time
This position reports to the Guest Services Assistant Manager, and serves the female guest population with general shelter assistance.
1. Ensure that all services are delivered with a Christ like attitude, maintaining the dignity of all Guests.
2. Supervise evening chapel services when conducted at the Women’s Shelter.
3. Greet evening chapel speakers (for the Women’s Shelter) and provide assistance where needed.
4. Oversee the nightly shelter process of intake, showers and bedding preparation.
5. Assign guests bed space and assure that all guests needs are taken care of prior to lights out.
6. Maintain guest discipline, insuring that all shelter guests are aware of and are compliant with Mission Policies and Procedures.
7. Maintain guest safety.
8. Provide referrals to resource center as needed.
9. Attend monthly staff/program communion services, monthly all-staff meetings, and weekly guest services staff and volunteer meetings.
10. Other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Must have a committed personal relationship with Jesus Christ and belong to a Christian body of believers.
• Demonstrates appropriate behaviors and character traits of a Christian.
• A demonstrated passion for ministry, advocacy and issues surrounding homelessness and poverty.
• Agrees with and can sign the Good News Rescue Missions Statement of Faith, Statement on Marriage and be able to share that faith and knowledge with staff and clients.
• AA Degree relating to Ministry, and/or 2 years experience working in a ministry serving the poor and/or homeless, preferably for a non-profit human service organization.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT:
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
• Team player focused on the overall success of the organization.
• Excellent organizational and coordinating skills.
• Knowledge of best practices for Emergency Shelters.
• Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
• Ability to supervise and train/volunteers.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, i.e. Excel, Access, Word, Power Point, etc..
• Ability to maintain relationships with outside agencies and church organizations.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Pleasant working environment; maybe exposed to cold occasionally. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Employee may come into contact with irate and irrational clients who may or may not be under the influence of mind-altering substances such as cocaine, marijuana, alcohol, etc., or be mentally or physically disabled. Employee may be regularly exposed to some risk of communicable disease from guests of facility, exposure to TB and other respiratory diseases.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and regularly required to sit, manual dexterity necessary in using hands to finger, handle, feel, type on computer keyboard. The employee required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds up stairs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, color vision, depth perception and peripheral vision. The employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as viewing a computer terminal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Drug and nicotine test
• Clean DMV
• Must be insurable through GNRM’s auto insurance provider
5/9/2017 2:17:59 PM