Back to Results
Description: The Development Officer, by utilizing successful and proven interpersonal skills and a passion for the poor, will achieve the highest standards of excellence in the development of legacy and major gifts. This position serves as a critical team member and leader in managing and developing relationships among key donors. The objective of this position is to educate, motivate and inspire donors with a high capacity toward legacy, capital and current gifts. These objectives will be achieved through nurturing sincere relationships with existing and potential donors. The Development Officer will coordinate with other Development Team members in striving for excellence across all development channels. The Development Officer will provide regular reports on a variety of key measurements and maintain the highest standards of ethics and confidentiality.
1. Nurturing Donor relationships through proven strategies and processes.
2. Implementation and documentation of “moves management” activities.
3. Major donor and legacy event planning and management.
4. Implementation of gift acknowledgements and recognition strategies including management of specified giving societies.
5. Participate in planning by offering creative strategies for solicitation, acquisition and cultivation of donors. Responsible for management of the pipeline report for assigned donors.
6. Implementation of certain donor segmentation strategies.
7. Soliciting and coordinating planned/legacy gifts with donors and their advisors.
8. Coordination to optimize giving on Capital Campaign projects.
9. Producing and providing regular reporting relative to core goals.
10. Coordination with the Donor Development Director, team members and the Executive Director.
11. Participation and attendance at GNRM and community partner events.
12. Other responsibilities as assigned.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
• Must have a committed personal relationship with Jesus Christ and belong to a Christian body of believers.
• Demonstrates appropriate behaviors and character traits of a Christian.
• A demonstrated passion for ministry, advocacy and issues surrounding homelessness and poverty.
• Agrees with and can sign the Good News Rescue Missions Statement of Faith, Statement on Marriage and be able to share that faith and knowledge with staff and clients.
• Bachelor degree and three years successful experience in major or planned gift fundraising or sales experience. Equivalent job experience may be considered.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to work effectively with others.
• A proven track record of effectively working with high net worth individuals.
• A passion for spending time with and serving people.
• Ability to work effectively with a wide range of constituencies in a diverse community.
• Team player focused on the overall success of the organization.
• Basic knowledge of planned giving concepts and strategies.
• Understanding and experience in “moves management’ strategies.
• Strong public presentation skills.
• Experience with donor databases, CRM software and Raiser’s Edge is preferred.
• Self starter who is highly motivated with excellent organizational, planning and time management skills, including demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks effectively.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, i.e. Excel, Access, Word, Power Point, etc..
• Adherence to the highest ethical standards and ability to maintain a positive attitude
• Able to support the Good News Rescue Missions statement of Christian faith and share that faith and knowledge with staff and clients.
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL EFFORT
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Pleasant working environment; maybe exposed to cold occasionally. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Employee may come into contact with irate and irrational clients who may or may not be under the influence of mind-altering substances such as cocaine, marijuana, alcohol, etc., or be mentally or physically disabled. Employee may be regularly exposed to some risk of communicable disease from guests of facility, exposure to TB and other respiratory diseases. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to walk, talk and hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and regularly required to sit, manual dexterity necessary in using hands to finger, handle, feel, type on computer keyboard. The employee required to reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds up stairs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include distance vision, color vision, depth perception and peripheral vision. The employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as viewing a computer terminal. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Drug and nicotine test
• Clean DMV
• Must be insurable through GNRM’s auto insurance provider
4/7/2017 6:00:04 PM