AGRM Statement of Faith
The AGRM bylaws state that subscription and adherence to the following statement of faith is a prerequisite for membership.
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, ultimately authoritative Word of God.
- We believe there is one God, eternally existing as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe that the Lord Jesus Christ is Deity, that He was born of a virgin, that we are redeemed by His atoning death through His shed blood, that He bodily resurrected and ascended into heaven, and that He will come again in power and great glory.
- We believe that individuals are saved through a direct, personal encounter with the risen Lord, at which time they are regenerated by the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whom Christ indwells each believer, enabling him or her to live a godly life of obedience as he or she reaches for maturity.
- We believe the Holy Spirit unites all true believers in the Lord Jesus Christ and that together they form one body, the church.
AGRM Code of Ethics
While AGRM is not a regulatory enforcement agency, it desires that its members conduct their affairs in manners that are safe, lawful, and God-honoring. In that regard, AGRM asks its members to abide by the standards below.
- We agree to treat every individual who comes to us for assistance with the utmost dignity and respect.
- We agree to exercise the highest level of integrity in all of our fund-raising and financial management practices.
- We agree to adhere to principles of organizational and board governance that will promote realistic accountability to those in authority.
- We agree to create and maintain a clean, safe, and courteous environment for clients and staff.
- We agree to adhere to all local, state/provincial, and federal codes and laws that apply to our organization.
- We agree to show respect toward (and collaborate with when appropriate) other organizations in our area that seek to assist the hungry, homeless, abused, and addicted.
- We agree to follow scriptural guidelines when resolving conflicts.
Note: AGRM offers a certification program to help member missions eliminate deficiencies and attain the highest level of competence and accountability. Click here for more information about the AGRM Certification Program.