General Information, Rules, and Regulations
AGRM’s 2017 Annual Convention
Hyatt Regency Dallas, TX
Core convention dates: May 31–June 3, 2017
Exhibit Hall dates: May 31–June 2, 2017
By submitting the online Application/Contract and submitting a deposit to exhibit at AGRM's 2017 Annual Convention, you agree to the following Information, Rules, and Regulations.
1. Annual convention sponsorship: The convention is sponsored and managed by the Association of Gospel Rescue Missions (AGRM).
2. Application/Contract: Each prospective exhibitor and sponsor agrees that by submitting the online Application/Contract to reserve space and/or to secure sponsorships, he or she subscribes to the General Information, Rules, and Regulations, which are part of the Application/Contract. The terms of the Application/Contract can be revised only upon written agreement of both parties.
3. Exhibition dates: The dates of AGRM’s 2017 Annual Convention are Wednesday, May 31 through Saturday, June 3, 2017. Preliminary convention activities start on Tuesday, May 30. For the Exhibit Hall, decorator setup starts at 7:00 a.m. on Wednesday, May 31. Exhibitors may begin their setup at 11:00 a.m. on Wednesday, May 31. Exhibits and exhibitors must remain the entire time the Exhibit Hall is open, and can begin takedown at 9:30 a.m. on Friday, June 2.
4. Deposit and fees: An online deposit fee of $500 for each booth space reserved must be submitted with the Application/Contract. In the event AGRM is unable to assign space, said deposit shall be refunded in full. Following the acceptance of the Application/Contract by AGRM, the balance of the fees due must be received at AGRM on or before the end of business on Thursday, April 13, 2017, otherwise, the deposit will be forfeited and the space re-let.
5. Admissions: AGRM reserves the right to refuse exhibit space to any applicant for any reason. In addition, AGRM reserves the right to refuse exhibit space to any exhibitor if, after the acceptance of the Application/Contract, information should come to the attention of AGRM, which in the reasonable sole judgment of AGRM, demonstrates that the proposed exhibit would be inconsistent with the principles espoused by AGRM, unfavorable to the public reputation of AGRM, or not beneficial to or for the attendees of the AGRM convention. In the event AGRM should exercise this right, any deposit and exhibit fees paid to AGRM shall be refunded. If the denial of exhibit space shall be for failure or refusal of the exhibitor to comply with the terms set forth elsewhere in the Application/Contract, the denial of exhibit space shall be treated as a cancellation by the exhibitor.
6. Assignment of space: The exhibitor may apply for up to five choices of exhibit space. AGRM will assign space to primary convention sponsors first, and to other exhibitors on a first-come, first-served basis. AGRM reserves the right to shift space at any time if, in AGRM’s sole judgment, it becomes necessary to do so. AGRM reserves the right to make such modifications in the published floor plan as may be necessary to meet the needs of exhibitors and the convention as a whole.
7. Exhibitor name badges: Each exhibitor will receive up to four name badges. Name badges must be worn by exhibitor representatives during setup, all exhibition hours, and teardown times. AGRM’s exhibitor registration admits exhibitors to the Exhibit Hall and seminars only. However, exhibitors can purchase a convention meal plan (which includes admittance to all general sessions) at a special price of $179.
8. Cancellation of space: In the event AGRM has assigned space and the exhibitor desires to cancel the contract, AGRM will refund the deposit and exhibitor fees paid to AGRM if written notification is received by AGRM on or before the end of business on Friday, March 31, 2017. If written notification is received by AGRM after March 31, but on or before April 10, AGRM will refund the exhibitor fees, less the deposit amount. If written notification is received after April 10, the exhibitor agrees to forfeit full payment.
9. Decorator rules and regulations: The exhibitor agrees to conform to all rules and regulations of the convention’s official decorator as detailed in the official service kit provided by that company. Where union personnel are required by the decorator and/or the hotel, the exhibitor must comply with union requirements. AGRM is not responsible for decorator and/or hotel personnel, nor can AGRM guarantee that services and/or utilities promised by the decorator and/or the hotel shall be available during the AGRM convention.
10. Default of occupancy: Any exhibitor failing to occupy its booth space by 4:00 p.m. on Tuesday, June 7, shall be in default of the Application/Contract, and AGRM shall have the right to use said space to suit its own convenience, including selling the space to another exhibitor without any rebate or allowance to the defaulting exhibitor.
11. Visitors: The AGRM convention is not open to the public. AGRM shall have the sole control over all admissions. All persons visiting the exhibition area will be admitted according to the rules and regulations of the AGRM convention as issued or amended by the authorized representatives of AGRM and at AGRM’s sole discretion.
12. Subletting space: No exhibitor shall assign, sublet, or share the space allotted without written consent of AGRM.
13. Shipment of exhibit materials: Exhibitors shall make arrangements for shipment and delivery as outlined in the exhibition service kit provided by the official convention decorator, which will be sent after acceptance of the Application/Contract. Exhibitors may also ship and deliver direct to the show site on the exhibitor move-in date. However, shipments sent to the show site at any time may be subject to additional fees charged by the hotel, decorator, or both. Refer to the exhibition service kit provided by the official convention decorator for shipping deadlines and instructions.
14. Conformance to laws: The exhibitor agrees to use contracted space for lawful purposes only and will conform to all laws, ordinances, and regulations. The exhibitor must comply with all local and hotel safety, fire, and health ordinances regarding installation and operation of equipment.
15. Hotel exhibit space: The exhibitor must return in the same condition as he or she found it all hotel property used during the AGRM convention, or he or she may be charged by the hotel for said property.
16. Security: Exhibitor is solely responsible for the security and protection of its property and for any damage that occurs. While AGRM seeks to arrange for security personnel to maintain a watch during the days exhibitor displays are present, neither AGRM nor the hotel shall be liable for any damage or theft to the exhibitor’s display or property.
17. Delivery and removal: Under no circumstances will the delivery or removal of any portion of an exhibit be permitted during the published exhibition hours without permission first being secured in writing from AGRM.
18. Limitation on promotion and demonstrations: During the AGRM convention, all demonstrations, promotional activities, and distribution of circulars, catalogs, or other promotional materials must be confined within the limits of the exhibit booth(s) in the exhibit areas. The playing of loud music, videos, films, or the like, or any other loud or distracting activity that could be objectionable or disturbing to neighboring exhibitors and/or attendees is prohibited.
19. Order-taking and on-site sales: Any exhibitor who takes orders or conducts sales on-site is responsible for complying with applicable state and local legal requirements for permits, business licenses, and sales and use tax compliance.
20. Copyrights: The exhibitor warrants that all copyrighted material to be performed or played during the AGRM convention has been duly authorized or licensed by the copyright owners or their representatives and agrees to indemnify and hold AGRM harmless from any and all claims, losses, and expenses, including legal fees, which might arise from questions of use of any such material described above.
21. Use of space: The exhibitor’s display, equipment, and materials shall be confined to the actual dimensions of the booth space for which the exhibitor contracted. The height of display should not be such that it could be objectionable to other neighboring exhibitors. Exhibitors may not use aisles for any portion of display, equipment, and materials. The exhibitor is responsible for maintaining a neat and clean booth. All tables must be either finished or draped.
22. Character of exhibits: AGRM reserves the right to restrict, prohibit, reject, or evict anything without assigning any cause therefore. This reservation covers persons, things, conduct, printed matter, or anything of a character, which in the reasonable judgment of AGRM, is inconsistent with the principles espoused by AGRM or unfavorable to the public reputation of AGRM, and therefore should be restricted, prohibited, rejected, or evicted. In the event of such restriction, prohibition, rejection, or eviction, AGRM is not liable for any refunds, rentals, or other exhibit-related expenses.
23. Exclusions: Firms or organizations not assigned space in the exhibit area will be prohibited from exhibiting or soliciting business within the convention areas. Smoking and alcoholic beverages are not permitted on the exhibit floor.
24. Attendance variance: Attendance estimates are based on history and/or calculated projections. AGRM will not be responsible for refunds to sponsors or exhibitors should the actual attendance of the entire event or individual events fall short of estimates given.
25. Sponsorship disclaimer: AGRM reserves the right to display and/or announce multiple company or organization names and logos at sponsored convention events.
26. Insurance: The exhibitor understands that neither AGRM nor the hotel maintains insurance covering the exhibitor’s property or liability coverage for the exhibitor’s activity under this agreement and it is the sole responsibility of the exhibitor to obtain such insurance. The exhibitor shall obtain and keep in force during the term of the installation and use of the exhibit premises policies of comprehensive general liability and contractual liability insurance, insuring and specifically referring to contractual liability set forth herein, in an amount not less than $1 million ($1,000,000) combined single limit for personal injury and property damage. The Hyatt Regency Dallas and the Association of Gospel Rescue Missions shall be included in such policies as additional named insureds. The exhibitor must immediately provide to AGRM a certificate of insurance evidencing such insurance upon request by AGRM.
27. Limitation of liability and indemnification: The exhibitor assumes responsibility and agrees to indemnify and defend the Hyatt Regency Dallas and AGRM and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents against any claims or expenses arising out of the use of the exhibition premises. Neither AGRM, its employees, officers, agents, directors, volunteers, or affiliates shall be liable for any injury, loss, or damage to person or property of exhibitor, its employees, agents, and invitees except to the extent that such injury, loss, or damage is caused directly and proximately by substantial negligence on the part of AGRM or its employees. Exhibitor by its execution of this contract expressly waives the right to claim any such excluded liabilities against AGRM and its respective employees, officers, agents, directors, volunteers, or, affiliates, and acknowledges that it will neither hold nor attempt to hold the organization or any such person liable for any cause whatsoever other than injuries or damages occasioned directly and proximately by the substantial negligence of such persons. Further, neither AGRM nor its respective agents, employees, officers, or directors shall be liable for failure of the scheduled convention to be held because of fire, water damage, public emergency, strikes, other labor disputes, boycotts, cancellation of facility contracts, or acts of God beyond the power or control of AGRM to prevent. Further, neither AGRM, nor its respective agents, employees, officers, or directors shall be liable for any failure or unavailability of utilities or any hotel or decorator services or personnel. In the event that AGRM, or any of its agents, shall receive a claim or complaint, which in part or in whole arises from the exhibitor’s actions or failure to act, the exhibitor shall indemnify and hold AGRM, its agents, employees, officers, and directors harmless from any claim, loss, or liability resulting therefrom.
28. Termination: AGRM reserves the right to cancel the convention at any time and for any reason in its sole discretion. In the event of such cancellation, the exhibitor’s sole remedy shall be the refund of exhibit fees previously paid to AGRM less any amounts otherwise owed by the exhibitor to AGRM. Under no circumstances shall AGRM be liable for consequential, special, or incidental damages. Failure of the exhibitor to comply with any term or provision of this contract may, in the sole and absolute discretion of AGRM, result in the immediate termination of the contract and forfeiture of all payments made by the exhibitor to AGRM.
Return to the Exhibitor and Sponsor main page